Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from October 19, 2017

Kidney theft:No Nigerian involved in illegal organ harvest - Egyptian embassy

The Embassy of Egypt in Nigeria has said that its government has submitted a list of Egyptian certified medical centres and hospitals licensed to perform kidney transplant operations to relevant authorities in Nigeria . It also explained that all the hospitals involved in organ trafficking in Egypt have been shut down and their medical personnel prosecuted . The mission also clarified that no Nigerian was involved in the crime , adding that no complaint was filed against any Nigerian national over the incident . The Head of the Press and Information Office , Egyptian Embassy , Ahmed Maher , said this in a statement in response to inquiries from our correspondent on Thursday in Abuja. He said , “We have issued a list of the hospitals that were involved in the crime to the Nigerian government . All the people that were involved have been arrested and were being prosecuted . “According to our sources, no Nigerian national was ever involved with those medical centres nor filed any c...

2017 Budget: Ojogbou’s Allegation is Spurious-Okowa

DELTA State Governor, Senator Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa has described the allegation of a blank 2017 Budget by an All Progressive Congress (APC) chieftain, Dr Cairo Ojogbou’s as spurious. Fielding questions from Journalists on Thursday  shortly after presenting 2018 budget proposal to the Delta State House of Assembly, Governor Okowa noted that Dr OJOUGBO’S allegation is devoid of intellectual content. Dr Ojougbou had accused Governor Okowa’s administration of operating a blank 2017 budget but, reacting for the first time, Governor Okowa said, “in the first instance, I will not react to comments made by somebody who, though went to school, but made very unintelligent comments.” “You (Journalists) were here last year when the budget was presented, the budget was debated by the House, the press was also present when the budget was signed; I have been to the National Assembly and I believe that the Delta State House of Assembly is credible; we have followed all the processes just as we ha...

“I have 40 million in my account. If you think it’s easy to be rich by being gay, make your anuses available” — Bobrisky

Popular cross-dresser, Bobrisky is back to his rant after his Snap went public… The controversial figure revealed that he has about 40 million naira saved up in bank account. He revealed that he suffered, before he became the millionaire he is today.. He also advised his followers to become “gay” like him, if they feel it’s that easy. In his words: “I know some of u won’t understand wat is called “SUFFERING” cos at 25yrs some of u still collect feeding money from ur parent and still live in their house. I left my dad house when am 16yrs to go hustle and face life. I suffer so hard to become who I am today, not only by bleaching my skin but can boast of 40million in two of my active banks am sure my account officer is seeing dis. And am still hustling no going back. If u like insult me from now till tomorrow am not bothered. Wat bothered me most is how to become billionaire before am 30yrs. Some of u say am gay to be dis rich. oga if it is dat easy carry ur own ass too let them ins...

Sport:Nigeria can win 2018 World Cup-Pinnick

(NAN)-The President of Nigeria Football Federation , Mr Amaju Pinnick, says Nigeria can lift the 2018 World Cup in Russia in the light of the preparations the association is putting in place . Pinnick expressed the optimism this during the official opening of the Federation ’s Annual General Assembly in Jos on Thursday . The NFF president said that the country was well positioned now after it had overcome the challenges that bedevilled the nation ’ s football , particularly the previous year . “Our highest achievement is the qualification for the World Cup. Secondly , the preparations for world cup have commenced in earnest as compared to the previous years . “With the kind of preparations we are putting in place , I think we can win the World Cup ,” he said . On the financial aspect , Pinnick said that NFF had been given a clean bill of health , according to the report he received the previous night. The federation ’s president commended the Minister of Youth and Sports Develo...

FOREIGN NEWS :EU TO CONSIDER FURTHER MEASURES AGAINST NORTH KOREA

(AFP) - The EU is to consider stepping up measures aimed at punishing North Korea for its nuclear and ballistic weapons programmes , according to a summit agreement seen by AFP on Thursday . The bloc blacklisted the North Korean army on Monday as part of a new round of sanctions that European powers hope will help force Kim Jong -Un’ s regime to the bargaining table . New measures approved by EU foreign ministers also included a complete ban on investment in the North , which carried out its sixth and most powerful nuclear test last month, and a total embargo on oil and petrol products . EU heads of state and government meeting in Brussels on Thursday and Friday will give their backing to the new measures, which go beyond sanctions imposed by the UN , and warn Pyongyang that more could be on the way . “The recent behaviour of the DPRK is unacceptable and poses a significant threat to the Korean peninsula and beyond,” the leaders are to say in written conclusions to the summit . ...

Samsung galaxy note 8 finally debuts in Nigeria

The device is said to have taken a cue from Samsung’s Note and Galaxy S lines, while boasting even more exciting featurels making the smartphone a stunning device. Samsung promised that customers who pre-registered will get a free fast-charging battery pack and a free back cover, beginning from October 13, 2017. Features: Made with Corning Gorilla Glass 5.0, the new smartphone has a 6.3-inch QHD screen, the largest screen on a Galaxy Note phone, a dual camera, two 12-megapixel cameras on the back – a dual pixel primary wide-angel sensor with f/1.7 aperture and OIS, and a secondary telephoto lens with f/1.4 aperture and OIS. The smartphone features the company’s signature Infinity Display, giving the screen more surface area for use with the S Pen. Director of Information, Communication & Technology for Samsung Electronics West Africa, Emmanouil Revmatas, said that the infinity display is a game changer for Note users because where others see more screen, users see more space to...

2 men stabs woman to death in lagos

An Ebute Meta Chief Magistrates’ Court in Lagos has ordered the remand of two men; Nduka Okafor and James Aikhionbare in prison custody for allegedly stabbing a woman to death.The Magistrate, Mrs A.S. Okubule, ordered the remand of Okafor, 62, and Aikhionbare, 38, who were brought before her court on a two-count charge of conspiracy and murder. Okubule said that the accused should be remanded at the Ikoyi Prisons, pending an advice from the Lagos State Director of Public Prosecutions. Earlier, Mr Goddey Osuyi, a counsel from the Panti Police Station told court that the accused committed the offences on Aug. 17, 2016 at House J68B, Close 9, Victoria Garden City, Lekki, Lagos. Osuyi told the court that the accused conspired to stab one Mrs Mabel Okafor to death at her residence. He said the offences contravened Sections 223 and 233 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015. Okubule adjourned the case to Nov. 20.

Entertainment:'Fashion police' finally ends after 20 years

A fter more than two decades, Fashion Police, the iconic series on E! Network, an American basic cable and satellite television channel, would end its run with a special finale on No. 27. According to People, the special will reveal never-before-seen footage including a previously unaired 80s-themed episode featuring the late show co-creator and long-running host late Joan Rivers, the legendary comedian. Fashion Police covered every major award show and fashion event through the lens of Rivers’ comedic commentary. The network announced Wednesday that the series hosted by Melissa Rivers, Joan’s daughter, will sign off with a special episode, “Fashion Police: The Farewell’’. Late Host Joan Rivers (second right) flank by Kelly Osbourn, George Kostiopolous and Giuliana Rancic (PhotoTimothy White/E!) Fashion Police was helmed by the legendary comedian since its inception in 1995, covering every major award show and fashion event with Joan’s signature sharp wit. After the demise of Joan,...

Sport:Senegal picks injured mane for world Cup ties

 Senegal pick injured Mane for World Cup ties Senegal pick injured Mane for World Cup ties ON OCTOBER 18, 201711:28 PMIN NEWS, SPORTSCOMMENTS Senegal chose Liverpool star Sadio Mane Wednesday for World Cup qualifiers against South Africa next month just eight days after his club said he could be sidelined for six weeks. Sadio Mane The striker was among 25 players named by coach Aliou Cisse for crucial back-to-back fixtures with South Africa. “Sadio Mane has resumed individual training and will probably resume full training next week,” Cisse told reporters. A Liverpool statement last Tuesday said Mane “picked up an injury that could keep him out of action for up to six weeks”. Mane had to be substituted after suffering a hamstring injury during a 2-0 World Cup victory in Cape Verde this month. Senegal need two points from matches in Polokwane on November 10 and Dakar on November 14 to qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia. South Africa will qualify if they win both games. The S...

Warder commits suicide after photos of her Affair with inmate appears online

A correctional service official in Losperfontein prison, South Africa, has committed suicide after pictures of her being intimate with a prison inmate emerged on social media. SA Correctional Services spokesperson Singabakho Nxumalo said it is unclear how the pictures were shared and who shared them. Photo credit :madailygist.ng He further stated that in the case of the inmate involved, an investigation is underway to indicate the violations and to recommend sanctions. “The Department of Correctional Services (DCS) has been made aware of images involving an official and inmate, from Losperfontein Correctional Centre, in an intimate position circulating on social media,” Nxumalo said. “As this is disturbing and strictly prohibited, the department condemns this type of behaviour in the strongest possible terms. “Whilst DCS was busy investigating this matter, we have since learned with shock that the official allegedly appearing on the images has committed suicid...

#Throwback Thursday

I ts #Throwback Thursday  today and at kingsmedia  we bring you a song from the group  named style plus. The group  then consist of three good singers. as their picture is shown above: Left we have Tunde,  Center we have Shifi, and right we have zeal its a great throwback track and its titled olufumi. Download listen and comment👆 Download  here: Download

Without you , we won't die, PDP replies Obasanjo

T he Peoples Democratic Party has said that it will not force former President Olusegun Obasanjo to return as its member. It said it would respect the decision of the former President, but added that whether he returned or not,  it (the party) would  not die. Obasanjo had on Tuesday vowed never to return to the party,  saying he would rather remain a statesman, working for the interest of the nation. He spoke with journalists after he held a meeting with the National Caretaker Chairman of the party, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, behind closed doors at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library, Abeokuta. He had said, “I have told the chairman that I was in the PDP before but not now. God forbid, se when dog vomits, it will go back to eat its vomit, no. “I have said no partisan politics for me again, but Nigeria is my passion until death do us apart. And anything that concerns Nigeria, the good of Nigeria, you’ll see my involvement. “So, the chairman has come to ...

Security guard blames devil for defiling minor-police

A policewoman, who is also the Investigating Police Officer on a defilement case, Happiness Eche, on Wednesday, told a Lagos State High Court in Ikeja that a security guard, Abass Hamman, claimed that the devil pushed him to defile a seven-year-old girl. Hamman is facing one count of child defilement contrary to and punishable under Section 137 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011. According to the police, Hamman defiled his victim through her private parts and anus. While being led in evidence by the prosecutor, Adebayo Haroun, Eche said, “Any time I asked him why he did it, he would say  nah devil cause am. “The victim told me that the defendant would ask her to bend down against the wall before committing the act. “In the course of our investigation, I visited the scene of the rape and confirmed the fingerprints of the victim on the wall against which she leaned when being defiled by the defendant.” Another witness for the prosecution, Dr Alape Oyedeji, from...

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *