Skip to main content

Nelly rape accuser reportedly dropping the case -Nelly wants an apology

Earlier this week we brought you news about the allegation brought on the famous American hip hop star Nelly raping a lady on his tour bus.
Reports have it that the lady is reportedly dropping the case because she doesn't want to testify against the rapper
In a letter her lawyer, Karen koheler sent to Auburn police department in Washington on Friday, 13th ,of October the woman said "she want to put a halt to the criminal investigation"
We do not live in a society where a 21 year old college student can feel safe enough to pursue criminal charges against a celebrity for an alleged rape,” the woman’s lawyer wrote in the letter obtained by TMZ, citing privacy concerns after information about the alleged victim’s meeting with police was released to the press.
“People are saying horrible things [about her] already,” the lawyer stated. “She cannot handle this.she is about to break.”
So “she will not testify further in a criminal proceeding against him,” the letter continued. “She never wanted notoriety. She never wanted a dime from that man.”
In what seems to be a reference to the Harvey Weinstein and Bill Cosby scandals, the letter ended with, “One day, maybe our world will change and thirty women will not be needed to (eventually) speak out against a celebrity who has hurt them in order to be believed. But that day has not yet come.”
As Us Weekly previously reported, the “Hot in Herre” singer was arrested in the early hours of Saturday, October 7, after the woman called police to say she’d been raped on board his tour bus hours after a concert. He was later released without being charged and said in a series of tweets that he was “completely innocent.”
In a statement to TMZ on Friday, Nelly’s attorney Scott Rosenblum said that the accuser’s “reckless accusation, once investigated thoroughly, was exposed for what it was — a fabrication. A fabrication that has caused Nelly and his family to suffer emotionally financially.”
Rosenblum added that he wants a public apology from the woman and will recommend to the singer that he consider taking legal action against his accuser.
""

Comments

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular posts from this blog

I've stopped smoking weed-Baba frayo

W hile the untimely death of Davido’s friends - Tagbo Umeike , Olugbemiga ‘DJ Olu ’ Abiodun , and Chime Amaechina is still being investigated , there is widespread speculation about what may have ended their promising lives . Baba Fryo , who said that he stopped taking weed and other related substances three years ago , told Sunday Scoop that foolhardiness is what makes artistes abuse drugs and alcohol . He said , “ To me , it is just stupidity for one to abuse anything or take hard drugs because I don ’t see the benefit . Anyone who takes hard drugs is just ‘donating ’ madness to him or herself . Most of these young guys indulge in these things because they either want to show off or are influenced by their friends . “As for me , drugs don’ t add anything to me . Now , I only take alcohol and that is whenever I am in the midst of friends , but I don ’t drink excessively .” He admitted that he took weed for many years before he realised that it was adding nothing to him . “I ...

Science&Tech:Apple iPhone x

Apple's 10th anniversary iPhone launch is expected to be the biggest single upgrade the handset has seen since its launch. A revamped design with an edge-to-edge display, facial recognition ID system and advanced augmented reality features is expected . Several analysts have predicted the asking price for the top-end models will hit new heights too. In a world in which the smartphone has become ubiquitous, it's easy to forget how much of a surprise Steve Jobs's unveiling of the original was a decade ago, and how divided opinion was about whether it was truly a game-changer. To mark the occasion, we have picked 10 key moments from its past. 1. 2004: The birth of Project Purple After the success of first the iMac and then the iPod, Apple began developing a tablet as its next breakthrough product. But around 2004, ex-iOS chief Scott Forstall recalls having a critical conversation over lunch with chief executive Steve Jobs. "We were both using our phones and hate...
Copyright kingsmedia Email:kmedianews@yahoo.com Share your story with us:whatsapp+234 815 442 3269 +2349094900487 Chat with us on Twitter:@kmedianews